A Short History of Moore Allen & Innocent
The present firm owes its origins to the cattle markets in Cirencester and Lechlade. The firm of Moore and Hill was in business in 1852, operating Cirencester cattle market (then in the town’s market place) from offices in the Corn Hall buildings. At Lechlade, the old cattle market was revived in 1873 and in 1885 it was run by Messrs. Innocent & Son. In 1915, following the death of Mr. C.F. Moore, Mr. C. Allen and Mr. B.F. Innocent combined their businesses to form a Partnership called C.F. Moore, Allen & Innocent. In 1939 the firm took on the current name of Moore Allen & Innocent.
A Changing World
Over the years, the priorities of Moore Allen & Innocent have altered in line with the demands of a changing world. After 150 years, the livestock market in Cirencester was closed in 1996. Since then the business has expanded in other directions to form today’s modern, independent and multi-disciplined firm of Chartered Surveyors. On 1st January 2017, we were pleased to merge with Tetbury-based Graham Singer Chartered Surveyors, highly regarded in the agricultural sector as well as bringing with them a wealth of knowledge in the field of residential development.