Agricultural Professional Services
Formal Property Valuation
As an RICS registered and regulated firm, Moore Allen and Innocent have six Registered Valuers, many of whom are also Fellows of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV), qualified to undertake formal valuations of property covered by the RICS Valuation Global Standards. Professional valuations may be required for a range of purposes:
- Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Stamp Duty Land Tax.
- Valuation of shared ownership property for staircasing and disposal.
- Valuation of property for Right to Buy and Help to Buy.
- Residential leasehold extensions.
- Secured lending for mortgages.
- Dispute resolution and compensation.
- Formal valuations for business administration.
- Charities Act valuations.
For further advice, please call 01285 648115.
Our team has experience of undertaking planning applications for various purposes from start to finish including one off advice encompassing site appraisals, planning reports, viability assessments and design and access statements. We have in house mapping facilities that enable us to produce site and location plans. We also have software to provide floor plans, elevations and other drawings required for the Planning Application process. The first has connections with many other planning professionals in the area who can assist as necessary.
We specialise in the following areas:
- Site appraisals
- Pre-purchase assessment and advice
- Planning strategy formulation
- Planning application preparation and submission
- Listed building and conservation area applications
- Class Q and other permitted development right submissions
- Planning appeals
- Enforcement advice and appeals
- Project delivery co-ordination
- Strategic site promotion including SHLAA submissions/local plan representation
- Portfolio review and assessment of development options
- Negotiation of planning (S106) agreements and Community Infrastructure Levy advice
- Consultation and engagement with communities
- Direct instruction of Counsel
Compulsory Purchase & Compensation
- Compensation claims following works to utility infrastructure
- Negotiations for acquisition of land for the installation of utility infrastructure
- Negotiation of wayleave and easement payments for infrastructure over privately owned land
Compensation is calculated using several heads of claim including the value of any land taken, the cost of rectifying damage caused, loss of income or crops including potential future losses, client's time spent on the project, and any professional fees incurred. Records of condition are prepared to ensure that property is reinstated to the same condition as before the works commenced and relevant reinstatement options and costs are covered by any compensation.
If you are looking for advice relating to a compensation issue, it is important to remember that our professional fees will normally be covered by the utility company.
For further advice please contact a member of our team on 01285 648107.
- Tax planning
- Insurance advice
- Creation of tenancies, share farming and contract farming agreements
- Preparation of business plans
- Advice on diversification
- Subsidy and rural grants
- Property management
- Digital mapping services
- Employment advice
- Payroll services
- Secretarial services
Rural Grant Schemes
In 2022, we completed 248 BPS applications for Clients.
Contact Stuart Milsom or Jack Ayres-Sumner on 01285 648107 to discuss any aspect of the Basic Payment Scheme.
We are well placed to advise on any aspect of Countryside Stewardship and Environmental Stewardship.
Contact Emily Shorter on 01285 648107 to discuss in more detail.
Other Grants & Funding
Please contact an advisor to discuss any aspect of the plethora of rural grants available. We offer honest, straightforward advice to assist your application
ELMS & Stewardship
Advice on the new ELMS schemes.
We have the following Basic Payment Scheme entitlements available for purchase. The trading window closes on 15th May 2023.
For further information please contact a member of the Team on 01285 648107.
How We Can Help You
We specialise in the following:
- Sales & Purchases of Rural Properties - including estates, farms and farmland, country houses, equestrian properties and woodland.
- Estate & Farm Management - including tax planning, insurance, lettings, staff employment, payroll, Making Tax Digital, secretarial services, etc.
- Agricultural Tenancies - advice for landlords and tenants. Agricultural Holdings Act and Farm Business Tenancies. Tenancy agreements, rent reviews, succession planning, end of tenancy compensation, grass keep licences etc.
- Farming Structures - contract and share farming arrangements, farm budgets and management accounts.
- Basic Payment Scheme - applications, cross compliance issues, New and Young Farmer support.
- Stewardship Schemes - Higher Tier and Mid Tier Countryside Stewardship applications, management of existing Entry Level and Higher Level Stewardship schemes, capital grant applications.
- Farm Auctions - we are auctioneers of farm machinery and equipment. We also undertake regular auctions of freehold properties including farms, farmland, houses, development sites, paddocks etc.
- Compensation & Compulsory Purchase - compensation, easements and wayleaves for road schemes, pipelines, cables and communication masts.
- Planning and Permitted Development - applications for farm buildings, rural dwellings and change of use. Agriculturally tied properties.
- Digital Mapping - the latest technology through Ordnance Survey enables us to provide maps for all purposes, including management, cropping, sales, Basic Payment and Countryside Stewardship, Land Registry and boundary issues.