Rural Grants 2018
17th January 2018
The following is a summary of the:
Hedgerows and boundaries grant application window is now open until 30th April 2018
Grants of up to £10,000 are available for farmers to restore existing farm boundaries such as hedgerows and stone walls. A choice of 12 different options such as hedge laying, gapping up, coppicing and stone wall repairs can be made. This is a competitive 2 year standalone Capital Grant under the Countryside Stewardship Scheme. The agreement start date is 1st January 2019 with the application window closing on 30th April 2018.
The application window is now open for Countryside Stewardship Mid and Higher Tier agreements that start on 1st January 2019
In Mid-Tier there are 4 new wildlife offers available which have a simplified application process. These offers are available for arable, lowland grazing, mixed farming and uplands and anyone making a valid application for any of the 4 new packages will be guaranteed funding through the scheme for 5 years from 1st January 2019. Farmers applying for the new Countryside Stewardship Offers and who meet the eligibility requirements will be able to get an agreement to deliver a minimum of 3 options or as many as 7 up to 14, depending on the offer applied for. Each option has a different payment rate.
The 4 new Offers are to benefit the environment and support wildlife by creating sources of nectar and pollen for insect pollinators, winter food for seed-eating birds and improved habitats for farmland birds and pollinators.
Mid-Tier Timescales and Deadlines
- Apply for the arable offer online from 20th February
- Request application packs by – 31st May
- Final date to request endorsement by Catchment Sensitive Farming Officer or other adviser to approve specific options - 31st May
- Deadline for Mid-Tier applications including all supporting evidence – 31st July
- Agreement start – 1st January 2019
Higher Tier Deadlines
- Request application packs – 9th March
- Deadline to submit initial application – 13th April
- Notified of success or failure by early June
- Negotiations on scheme detail concluded by mid-September
- Agreements start - 1st January 2019
For further information or assistance, please contact Margaret Flood on 01454 238600 or Emily Shorter on 01285 648107.